Saturday, February 26, 2011

The results are in!


Here is the first of my new "slipcovers." I just made a new cover for the seat cushion and then added a new ruffly skirt. Easy, breezy.

Then, I did the sofa (which was not a bad piece to begin with...pretty new and custom, in fact)...but I wanted a more monochromatic look.

Look! It's two of my cuties and the sofa BefoRe
and FiNiSHed!

I liked it so well, I decided to do another. So, I found a cute little sofa at the local antiques store, and here is what it looked like to begin with:
gReat BoNeS...questionable fabric, not crazy about Queen Anne legs...

I love it with a new "dReSS"

The (Lt) Colonel decided to get on the act...and rather than paint the old mantel:

He decided to build a new one to my specifications. (He really is a handy guy to have around!)
 So...I am loving my new "keeping" room. 
Now, the next step will be to paint over all that white...updates to come!


Ashley said...

Love, love, love it!

Shannon Dooley said...

Will you please please please come decorate my house! You are simply amazing! Love it! - ALL of it!